Through two years of practical training at the Gakurin, outstanding international youth from the global Sangha are trained to master the essence of Buddhism and the Lotus Sutra through practical training and become engaged Buddhist leaders who spread the Dharma and advance interreligious action in Japan and internationally.
Please contact the Gakurin Daiju Group to apply for the International Program.
Information on research activities
- Basic Buddhism
- Lotus Sutra Studies
- Teachings of Rissho Kosei-kai and its Founder, Rev. Nikkyo Niwano
- Rissho Kosei-kai’s Basic Practices
- Intra- and Inter-Faith Cooperation for Peace
- Practical Training at Local Dharma Centers
- Specialized Research
- The Lotus Sutra
- Rissho Kosei-kai Founder Rev. Nikkyo Niwano’s Interpretation of Buddhism and the Lotus Sutra
Interfaith ActionThe World’s Religions
29th Class Shourab Barua
Student's Specialized research themes
A Comparative Analysis of the Status of Women in the Buddhist Sangha of Bangladesh
Ms. Atasi Talukder
Strengthening Interreligious Dialogue and Education in Bangladesh
Mr. Shourab Barua
Gakurin International Program students live in the Daiju Dormitory on the Ome campus.